- Child Welfare
- » Foster and Adoptive Services
- Youth Development
- » The Hollow Experience
- Bright Futures - Teen Mother Program
- Senior Social Services
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program
- Mental Health
- Ways to Work
Our Youth Development Department increased their outreach to nearly 1,000 families and children.
425 I St NW, #700
Washington, DC 20001
Washington, DC Mental/Behavioral Health Clinic
1301 Pennsylvania Ave SE
Washington, DC 20003
Oxon Hill Behavioral Health Center
6196 Oxon Hill Rd., Suite 340
Oxon Hill, MD 20745
(301) 839-1960 ext. 201
Ward 8 Aging & Disability Resource Center
4301 9th St, SE
Washington, DC 20032
see above under addresses
Tweets by @FamilyMattersDC
Ways to Work
Moving Families toward a Brighter Future
Ways to Work is a proven innovative program that provides small loans to economically and credit challenged families who cannot qualify through traditional financing models. The Ways to Work program model integrates three major components within an innovative and holistic solution that addresses multiple needs of financially struggling families to help them move out of their cycle of financial distress and dependence towards greater financial stability.
The combination of affordable credit with real-world expectations for repayment, a high-touch approach, and financial literacy education generates intermediate outcomes –reliable auto transportation, improved financial skills, repaired credit and asset building. Washington D.C. wards 1,5,6,7, 8, and Greater Upper Marlboro, MD residents may be eligible to receive a small car loan for up to $8,000 (including tax, title & license) or up to $1,500 for car repairs.
The program provides the following:
• An increase in transportation capacity and financial skills
• It Stabilizes employment
• Provides access to better paying jobs,
• Increases family income
• Improves care for children
• Starts to build relationships between borrowers and mainstreamed financial institutions
Together, these outcomes allow families to begin moving toward self-sufficiency and overall better quality of life.
Are you in need of a Car Loan? Ways to Work may be able to help!
Ways to Work is a program that provides small loans to hard working families who cannot get a loan elsewhere. The purpose of the loan is to help you pay for the purchase or repairs to get to work. You may be eligible to receive a small car loan for up to $8,000 (including tax, title, & license) or up to $1,500 for car repairs.
• Residents of Washington D.C. Wards 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, or Greater Upper Marlboro, MD
• Employed for at least 6 months
• Distressed credit history
• Cash flow to repay loan
• Involved parent
• Household Income less than 80% of area median
Ways to Work Loan Term
• Interest rate: 8%
• Repayment schedule: 30 months
10 Steps to Move your Family toward a Brighter Future
1. Attend Initial Financial Training
2. Submit Loan Application
3. Meet with Loan Officer
4. Loan Committee Reviews Application
5. Notification of Car Loan Status
6. Car is Selected from Preferred Car Dealer
7. Car Inspected
8. Full Coverage Insurance Obtained
9. Loan is Finalized
10. Receive Car Keys and Begin to Move your Family toward a Brighter Future
Call Ways to Work at (202) 289-1510 to register for the initial financial literacy training, and application instructions, to begin moving your family toward a brighter future!
To learn more about the Ways to Work Approach or to view Frequently Asked Questions, please click here.